Gov’t, Oromo Liberation Front Sign Reconciliation Agreement. August 07/2018
Addis Ababa August 07/2018 The Government of Ethiopia and the Oromo Liberation Front (OLF) have signed a Reconciliation Agreement in Asmara today.
The agreement was inked by Oromia Regional State Chief Administrator Lemma Megersa and OLF Chairman Dawd Ibsa. Following fruitful deliberations on certain issues of mutual concern, both sides have reached the agreement, according to Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
The agreement provides for termination of hostilities and the OLF conducts political activities in Ethiopia through peaceful means. A joint committee will be established to implement the agreement, it was learned.
Meanwhile, Eritrean President Isaias Afwerki met yesterday with Lemma Megersa and Foreign Minister Workneh Gebeyehu at the State House.
The two sides exchanged views on the implementation of the recently signed Declaration of Peace and Friendship between Ethiopia and Eritrea.
Source: Ethiopian News Agency
- Experts Urge for Measures to Ensure Rule of Law.August 16/2018
- Outgoing Ambassadors Pledges to Support Ethiopia’s Reforms. August 15/2018
- ተፎካካሪ ፓርቲዎች ልዩነቶችን አጥብበው በጋራ ቢሰሩ ብሔራዊ መግባባት ለመፍጠር እንደሚያግዝ ተገለፀ:: ነሀሴ 10/2010
- በሶማሌ ክልል በተከሰተው ሁከት ተሳትፈው ጥቃት የፈጸሙ አካላት ለህግ እንዲቀርቡና ተጎጂዎች እንዲካሱ ጥሪ ቀረበ:: ነሐሴ 9/2010
- Strategic Ties b/n Ethiopia, Djibouti to be consolidated: Ethiopian Minister. August 14/2018
- የለውጥ ጉዞው የሀገሪቱን ሰላምና እድገት የሚያጎለብት በመሆኑ ለተግባራዊነቱ የበኩሉን ጥረት እንደሚያደርግ ህወሓት አስታወቀ:: ነሃሴ 8/2010
- Ethiopian Tourism Organization Board Announces Discount for Diaspora
- Religious Leaders Urge Gov’t to Ensure Rule of Law. August 13/2018
- በሶማሌ ክልል ለተከሰተው ሁከትና ረብሻ የክልሉ አመራሮች ኃላፊነቱን መውሰድ አለባቸው— ሌተናል ጄነራል ሀሰን ኢብራሂም:: ነሓሴ 7/2010
- ATA Says Tackling Seed Provision Problems Successfully. August 09/02018