High-Level Political Engagement Needed to Achieve SDG-16: UN Resident Coordinator.
Addis Ababa February 27/2018 Enhancing high-level political engagement in monitoring, evaluation and reporting is needed for achieving the objectives of Sustainable Development Goal-16, largely known as the mother of all SDGs, UN Resident Coordinator Eziakonwa-Onochie said.
Opening the National Workshop of Sustainable Development Goal-16 today, she said the goal is one of the wider and collective engagement around promoting awareness and active participation on the 17 goals of Sustainable Development Goal.
The Resident Coordinator explained that commitment to embedding SDG goals in national development policies, realizing strong partnership and inclusiveness of the national policies are among the areas of monitoring and evaluation through strong political commitment.
According to Ahuna Eziakonwa-Onochie, peace, justice and strong institutions are important milestones in the journey to attaining Sustainable Development Goals.She also pointed out that the workshop on Sustainable Development Goal-16 will help Ethiopia to learn from global and regional experiences that can be applied in the country’s context.
"This is a critical step that will place Ethiopia as one of the leading countries to measure SGD-16 and incorporate it in its annual voluntary national report on SDG," Eziakonwa-Onochie added.
National Planning Deputy Commissioner Getachew Adem said on his part Ethiopia has fully endorsed the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Goal with a high-level of commitment and ownership by drawing and contextualizing lessons from the Millennium Development Goals.He added that ensuring good governance and building developmental political economy are among the prioritized areas in the Second Growth and Transformation Plan which is aligned to Sustainable Development Goal-16.
Ethiopia was among the 44 countries that presented national voluntary review on SDGs last year.
- ኦህዴድ ስያሜውን ወደ ኦሮሞ ዴሞክራሲያዊ ፓርቲ ቀየረ ። መስከረም 10/2011
- Political parties condemn recent violence in Addis Ababa. September 17, 2018
- የባቡር መሰረተ ልማት ዝርጋታ በሀገሪቱ ለሚመዘገበው እድገት ወሳኝ ሚና እንዳለው ተገለፀ ። መስከረም 8፣ 2011
- 33rd session of IGAD Assembly of Heads of State and Government to be held in Addis Ababa today. September 12, 2018
- የዓለም ገንዘብ ድርጅት ልዑክ የሀገሪቱን ዓመታዊ ኢኮኖሚ ለመገምገም አዲስ አበባ ገባ:: መስከረም 2፣ 2011
- Ethiopia reopens embassy in Asmara . September 6, 2018 (FBC)
- የኢትዮጵያ፣ የኤርትራ እና የሶማሊያ የውጭ ጉዳይ ሚኒስትሮች ወደ ጅቡቲ አቀኑ:: ጳጉሜን 1፣ 2010 (ኤፍ.ቢ.ሲ)
- የበዓል ገበያው በተረጋጋ ሁኔታ እንዲካሄድ እየተሠራ መሆኑ ተገለጸ:: ጳጉሜን 1 ቀን 2010
- China Pledges to Inject another 60 billion USD for Africa .August 03/2018/ENA/
- መቀሌ በሚል መጠሪያ የምትታወቀዋ የንግድ መርከብ ከምፅዋ ወደብ የመጀመሪያዋን ጭነት ጫነች ፡፡ ነሐሴ30/2010፤ኢዜአ